Galatians 1:8 “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.”
Why would the RCC be false church?
Here are 25 quick and easy reasons!
1. It teaches doubt in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
2. Provides zero assurance of salvation in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
3. Claims that the propitiation of sins has not been completed on the Cross.
4. Attempts to propitiate sins by the false sacrifice of the Mass.
5. Teaches that justified sinners are under the law instead of grace
6. Teaches that purgatory is needed to cleanse a sinner, instead of the work of Jesus Christ.
7. Teaches that Jesus gave up His authority of the church to a pope in His place.
8. Attacks the TOTAL sufficiency of Scripture, that more is needed in order to believe that Jesus is the Christ, and by believing one could have life in His name.
9. Uses idolatry by adding intercessors such as Mary and RCC saints to help pay for the sins of a Catholic through indulgences.
10. Adds intercessors such as Mary and RCC saints to help Jesus save the Catholic.
11. Uses rituals – sacraments to demand grace from God and save the Catholic instead of placing faith alone in Jesus Christ.
12. Condemns faith alone in the only Savior Jesus Christ while perverting by grace alone one is saved.
13. Adds the Catholic works of “charity” to complete their initial justification.
14. Does NOT teach full justification of a sinner in the present.
15. Adds mortal sins (eternal damnation) to feast days of obligation for Mary.
16. Claims invented tradition is equal to Scripture in authority.
17. Claims that oral traditions are binding even though they cannot pass Scripture’s test.
18. Adds prayers to Mary, dead RCC saints, dead RCC relatives in effect claiming they need not be omniscient or omnipresent, attributes God possesses to hear prayers.
19. Claims by the Eucharist, a RCC priest calls down Jesus from His throne and is present bodily and by deity in the communion wafers and wine.
20. Claims that a RCC priest can lock away Jesus Christ in a earthly tabernacle or monstrance.
21. Claims that the RCC magisterium are the only individuals who can fully comprehend Scripture.
22. Claims that when needed, the pope can be deemed infallible, a God-only attribute.
23. Teaches that sin can be imputed after claiming to absolve the Catholic of their sins.
24. Under the penalty of eternal damnation, condemns the Catholic for missing Mass or deemed holy day of obligation without a valid excuse.
25. Claims that the magisterium is equal to Scripture in authority.