When Scripture is not your ultimate authority you are:
- Ripe pickings for any false teaching and teacher on the planet
- Dependent on corrupt man, and not dependent on God
- Not able to connect the dots for the Gospel
- Rejecting God and replacing Him with yourself
- Gladly able to accept all forms of ancient heresy
- Using presuppositions and importing them into Scripture
- Unstable and able to be trampled and tossed around like a rag doll.
- Not able to share a clear Gospel message
- Contradicting your own declared faith in God
- Teaching false doctrine, invented, and oblivious to it.
- Ripe to be plucked up by a cult which rejects the authority of Scripture
- Unable to debate or defend a doctrine by Scripture
- Able to disregard the clear teaching of Scripture
- Able to attack Scripture just as any atheist or agnostic would
- Most likely able to conform to other world religions such as Islam, Mormonism, etc.
- Declaring you are lazy, but more so an unbeliever that Scripture holds the truth
- Most likely saying that there is something in Scripture that you do not want to believe
- Most likely saying that there is a sin Scripture speaks about of which you do not want to repent from
- Telling God, “You are insufficient”
- Telling God, “Your word is not the only truth, there are many roads to Heaven”.
- Telling God, “You are not really needed”
- Telling God, “I doubt You”
- Telling God, “There are many things missing in Scripture, thus I can’t believe in You”
- Telling God, “I trust my pastor or priest, I can’t trust You”
- Telling God, “My church holds authority OVER You”
One thought on “Scripture is the Ultimate Authority”
Sent from the all-new AOL app for iOS